Turtle Nesting Tour
Duration: 2 hours
Includes: Guide, entrance fee.
Difficulty Level: Easy
What to bring: Wear dark clothes, preferably black, because other colors produce reflection.
The Atlantic Green Turtles have been arriving at the Caribbean beaches of Tortuguero for centuries to lay their eggs. Much has been researched and written about them. When the baby turtles grow up to adulthood, they return to the same beach where they were hatched.
Early in the season watch the turtles come out, dig a hole and lay their eggs, cover it and head back to the ocean. In the middle and late in season, watch the turtles lay their eggs and the hatching. Season is June through October.
- Rates are subject to change depending on the hotel location.
- Tours are tide and weather conditions dependent.
- Rates are subject to change without prior notification.
- Some tours require an specific level of physical condition.
- Ask us about making your tour private.
- Rates in USD.